When writing Content for Start-Ups and Small Businesses…
Here are some questions to consider:
- Why did you set up this business?
- Mission, Vision, Values
- What is your Brand about?
- What is your Unique Selling Proposition?
- What benefits can you deliver?
- Who is your Target Market?
1) Write Web Content with your Target Market in Mind
- Who is your target market? Each target market has unique qualities/interests.
- Who is your ideal Client
2) Choose the Sections in your Website Selectively
- Don’t overcrowd your website with as much as possible. Less is more.
- Name them Accurately and Concisely
- Be Relevant and Put in only necessary Content
- Use point forms/bullet points
- Minimise lengthy paragraphs
- Include Video, Photographs, Pictures in your Content
4) Maximum Message, Minimum Words
- Keep Headers, Sub Headers and Content concise
- Avoid short forms or jargons – your site visitors may not understand.
5) Sell your Benefits, NOT Features
- When preparing your Content, it helps to create a table with Features on the left and the Benefits of the Features on the right. Then Sell on the Benefits, NOT the Features.
6) Call to Action
Most businesses don’t use Call to Action at all. In order to increase your Conversion Rate, make sure your Call to Action is: